Monday, April 04, 2005

"Oh, no! Don't delete me!" or "Whatever..."

I was checking my In-Box on my e-mail just now (not my Bulk Mail box, mind you, but my In-Box), was greeted by the following dire subject line:

"Your Tickle account will soon be deleted."

Now, this was news to me -- primarily because I didn't know I had a Tickle account. I began to think this was just a bit of spam, but I went ahead and opened the message and learned that I, in fact, did have an account with Tickle.com's predecessor, e-mode.com. However, I haven't logged into Tickle for a little over a year.

What can we learn from this? Well, somebody at Tickle dropped the ball at least a couple of times:

  1. I apparently wasn't told in memorable enough terms why e-mode was changing to Tickle, nor why it would benefit me to stay active with the new site.
  2. I also apparently wasn't engaged by Tickle in the past year -- at least not to any real, personal degree.
  3. When Tickle finally did realize I had fallen off the face of the earth, the best they could do was tell me I was about to be deleted. Look at the subject line again. Why on earth would anybody OPEN that?

And that, boys and girls, is your e-marketing thought for the day.

No comments: