Monday, July 11, 2005

Company comin’!

I found out over the weekend that the lovely Mz. Ouiser is coming to Illinois this week for a visit. I was amused to hear that she really has a yen for some Karaoke.

The fact that Mrs. Z and I are Karaoke junkies is not a great secret, although we have been inactive for more than a month. It is curious to me, however, that the woman I hold up as Metropolitan Culture Girl — whom I’ve long regarded as a poster child for escaping the Midwest and Getting a Life — yearns for the relatively rustic pleasures of a Karaoke bar.

I won’t analyze it any further, however. It’s always a treat to see Ms. O, and Mrs. Z and I wouldn’t mind terribly if we were dynamite fishing off Lake Springfield, so long as we had a chance to socialize again.

5 comments:

Justin said...

Where do you all go to karaoke? My watering hole here in chicago has karoke 5/7ths of the week.

I would love to hook up with you all next time i am in town.

Dr. Zoom said...

We used to be regulars at Marly's Pub, but they stopped doing it there. We're going to try The Firehouse (nee Jake & Elwood's, (nee The Reservoir, (nee( The Wooden Nickel) tonight. They used to have it, but then they stopped it for whatever reason. Supposedly, they've started in again.

Just give us a call or shoot me an e-mail when you're going to be in town again.

MzOuiser said...

It is shameful that I'm just now getting around to reading this! Yes, I hanker for bourgoise entertainment quite often. You can take the girl out of the midwest...

It was awesome hangin' with y'all! Can't wait to do it again next winter. I'm sure I'll be back. :)

Unknown said...

I remember my heady days of karaoke. They often ended up with me getting hammered and sharing the company of a somewhat less than desirable female, coughing up half a pack of Marlboro Reds.

Ms. Hep said...

Yes, that night of K was delightful. Unfortunately I'm about 2 months late posting in response to this, but a good time of hearing Ms. O sing some Cher, and me suffer through a Sarah McLachlan tune was craziness. And I loved it...even if it is the Firehouse :)

Let's hear it for word verification, DrZ!!