Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Red or blue -- it's all about the green

This really ticks me off.

Don’t get me wrong; I don’t check my ethics at the door when I go shopping. If I ate tuna, it would only be dolphin-safe tuna. And I don’t want to support a company that has unsafe or unfair labor practices.

But come on … withholding business from a company because of the political party it supports? That makes about as much sense to me as refusing to enjoy the talents of Green Day or The Dixie Chicks because of their political views. Heck … perhaps I should start asking for proof of party registration before I befriend someone.

Of course, this is America, and you have the right to support your political party through your purchases. That’s the beauty of a free-market economy.

Just don’t complain about the polarization of our country when you’re checking your receipts to see if they’re “red” or “blue.”

No comments: